Thursday 4 December 2008

Madam's Xmas Advent 2009 - Day 4


How time flies when your feeling festive! It's day number 4 and I'm bringing you a track that's been growing on me like mistletoe over the past few days!
Click on to find out what it is!



Aqua came back from pop wilderness in 2007 and now are bringing us their Christmas number Spin Me A Christmas!
After Back to the 80's being in my eyes somewhat underwhelming for an Aqua come back, this track does capture some of their 90's/00's bubblegum sound without sounding too forced!
It does seam a shame though after the 'better-with-video-than-without' My Mamma Said which showed Aqua in a Take That grown up but not forgotten your roots sort of way.
I'll judge Aqua - Spin Me A Christmas alone though, and after the first listen I was a bit uninspired by it, but now I do love it.
AquaScope makes a welcome return, and the over the top video does match the cheesy 80's vibe Xmas tune. I do love the Gameboy style bleeps throughout!
I'm not sure how it will do in the charts, but it will be played in my household this festive season for sure!

No comments: