Monday 1 December 2008

Madam's Xmas Advent 2009 - Day 1


Hello boys and girls! I have been boycotting Christmas this year so far as it started far too early! Tesco wished me Merry Christmas on TV before I even had time to say goodbye to October!
As it is the 1st of December I can officially celebrate the run up to Christmas without feeling silly for it not even being the festive month!

Depending of course on how busy I am extra, my plan is to have an advent of Christmas music from around the world! Some well known tracks, to amazing but uncommon ones. From fabulous covers, to brand new 2009 tracks!

So get those chestnuts on the open fire, and click to see what today's track is hiding within the rest of the post!


Well as it's day number 1.. and I have so much pent up Christmas excitement within me! You have found two presents from unwrapping box number 1!

As it has been freezing all day today I thought I would try and warm you all up twice as fast with double the tracks!

First up is Gabriella Cilmi - Warm This Winter



Released last year this track has already become a firm fav of mine. It's a cover that kept all the charm and warmth of the original without sounding like its trying too hard! Gabriella's voice sits perfectly with the vintage vibe, and this track made me forgive her for the irritating Winehouse wannabe Sweet About Me!

Following on with the warming vibe we have Magnus Carlsson - It May Be Winter Outside

I would have to rate this song higher than Miss Cilmi's though!
It's a fantastic 'grab-a-cup-of-coco' song and is better than a hot water bottle to snuggle into!
Is cheesy and camp but a perfect cover for Magnus's smooth charming voice!
The jingle bells are also immense!
Sweden does make amazing Christmas tracks... and you will hear the rest here I'm sure!

No comments: