Saturday 17 October 2009

OMG You Guys, How Can Something So Amazing Be Legal?



I am a huge musical fan! There is no denying it! I love the OTT nature, the song out of nowhere attitude, amazing costumes and fantastic emotional reactions!
Two years ago when the first clips and pics of the American production of Legally Blonde the musical hit the internet I was so so so excited! Instantly fell in love with the first released track "OMG You Guys!" Since then I have been wishing for it to head to the West End in London and this year my dream comes true!

Sheridan Smith will be playing Elle Woods, which at first I thought wouldn't work as I didn't really enjoy her in Little Shop of Horrors. I saw the touring version and thought Clare Buckfield
She is a perfect comedian, and ha been hilarious in 2 Pints & her new stint in one of my TV addictions, Benidorm!
Duncan James will be fantastic too I believe! He has the west-end charm and stage presence to really pull off the cheesy heartthrob role! This will be more successful for him than the Blue reunion I'm sure!
A Special shout out too Suzie McAdam who will be making her West End debut in this musical. Suzie went to the same school as me but was in the year above. Her voice dominated many a school production and I always thought her singing was effortless! It is amazing to see she is doing to well and landed such a pretigious musical!

Hopefully I will get to see this in December, maybe catch a few other shows when down too!

Still waiting on more Måns Zelmerlöw Chicago the musical news! He would be amazing in it so hopefully it will go ahead! was better! After seeing this clip though it's clear she is the ideal Elle!

No comments: