Monday 12 October 2009

SugaJades Video Tragedy!


You are about to witness one of the most disturbing things you have ever seen... Those of a nervous disposition please look away now! The official Sugababes tribute band 'The SugaJades' as they are now called (well on this blog at least) have released their newest video for their next (s)hit single "About a Girl"!
The title sort of screams to me... "you liked 'About You Now' and you liked the novelty YMCA style song 'Here Come The Girls'... so we've mashed the name an you'll love this!
Unfortunately a big budget, picturesque scenery, and a modern Eurovision goddess produced this....

I like the countdown at the beginning... gives me time to really think through if I want to watch the video again!
Now the video starts... and I think this might seam an extremely embarrassing thing to admit, but the first thing I noticed was that it appears to be the same set as 'S Club 7 - S Club Party'!

Am I right? Am I wrong? Am I sad because I recognised an S Club video set (YES!!)
The bad guys speech is simply cringey, and a much better result could have been produced though mime I believe!
Hold on... the script just gets better.. "You see it yet?" "Not Yet!" "Oh wait.. Is that it right there?" "Yeah that's it!"(End Scene) It's almost Shakespearean!

Look out! someone's in gear for some major chaffing!

Now the plot thickens as the extremely eloquent ladies leave the car... but wait.. could It be??? Yes its Sugababes V2.0!! Here we discover it is actually based on a real life story of Heidi, Mutya and Keisha!

Further on were treated to some more excellent script! It's almost like what you would get if one of those Hitler spoof videos was written by a 3 yr old!
"So...? So...? You want to show it or not? You want to see it? Yes, let's see it! SEE THIS!!!" I am in LOVE with the caps lock use during this gripping piece of drama!

2:27 mark shows some fantastic shot caravan wobbling! It really captures the ruckus inside, by slightly rocking!
Here's some final classic, and actually my favourite, lines...

"Come over here... I will get you" "Come back here... don't do that!!"
The video ultimately distracts from what is a really a mediocre piece of modern Swedish born pop! If you had given this to September or Gathantia they might have ripped it! Instead for me I think the song an video as a whole under writes everything the former band (Sugababes) have done before! They used to sing from the soul, now they flash their knickers to any hip producer that will work with them! Seriously though, watch the video... here the song... and think... If this had been a random girlband debut single with the same video, would anyone give a rats ass? Or would it be one of the many overlooked European acts that never reach the UK shores each year! On this my final point I will be... this track wouldn't have looked out of place on the very disappointing Monrose 'I Am' album (though there is still hope with Monrose, and hopefully with The SugaJades)!

No comments: