Monday 1 February 2010

The New Sound Of The Underground...


As I am sure many you will know the Swedish girlband Play are back in action!
I blogged about them a few posts ago here!
Now their lead track Famous has been launched in full on the net, I have included the video inside the 'read more' section.

My concentration is however on the B-side to this track called Girls, but first a slight tangent, but follow it as it is more a chain of thought!

Some times I wonder to myself what went so right with Girls Aloud. I remember hearing the song and seeing the video for the first time, and knowing this was something special. Something built to last longer than typical Popstars bands such a Hear'Say! They would be the UK's No Angels, strong, fresh and talented! I also wonder if their success would have been so big if they had for example released Sacred Trust instead of One True Voice! Their Greatest Hits album did some food for thought by including their edit, listen here. To be honest I could happily listen to that on replay, but it is still no Sound of The Underground!

My second wonder is, what would Sound of the Underground song like if released today? Would it be a fresh sound? Well this question can't truly be answered, but listing to Play - Girls I think I get a rough idea!

The rock/pop/electro attitude just has the vibe and energy of Sound of the Underground. This song would not seam out of place on a Girls Aloud album. It would be a perfect film soundtrack song. Imagine how hot the video would be!
I will say again... Sanne's voice is AMAZING!

Though it is near impossible to match the iconic standard of the Sound of the Underground routine, Play are even using the mic stand in an oh so Girls Aloud style!

If this is a b-side then I can't wait for Play's album!

Here is Famous, their lead single in full as promised!

No comments: