Saturday 30 January 2010

Melodifestivalen 2010: The Stage(Scenskissen)! 1 Week to Go!


OMG... It is nearly that time again! The time when my heart is filled with Swedelicious music, key changes and wind machines for 6 glorious weeks!
Yes next week the first Melodifestivalen heat hits Swedish screens, and my pc via SVT live stream! I can't contain my excitement!
2010 will not just be the first Meldoi of this decade, but the first one attended by myself!! Yes it is true, Madam I'm Adam will be watching all the finalists from Globen on March 13th! EXTREME EXCITEMENT!

Before the Örnsköldsvik heat I hope to have a few posts giving you a run down of this years competition.
Today I checked the SVT site to find the magnificent concept drawing for the 2010 stage!

Looks like SVT used my blog design as their style pallet, I'm flattered!
The design looks magnificent. Bright and really displays the 'Festival' vibe which has been used in all the promo videos:

How I dream of living in this block of flats!
By the looks of the stage design, the left hand side might possibly be the green room. I can almost make out extremely uncomfortable looking seats! This positioning would benefit me though as that's the side my seats are on!

The staging is a far cry from the 2008 construction site style staging:

It was very creative, and showed the likes of Charlotte Perrelli and Linda Bengtzing at their best!
It looked like a playground due for closure by Health & Safety.
The catwalk was used well by Sanna Nielsen, by well I mean sat and sang meaningfully on it. It did however cut off half the audience from centre stage, I was not a huge fan of this!

Then the 2009 stage came along and kicked 2008's ass:

Notice it's the same girl on stage as 2010... how did she get that job? why does she only have one pose? why is it not a finger point? Where is her glittery outfit?
So many unanswered questions!
The stage was magnificently sparkling with its black and white look, but a hint of glamorous silver!
The Scenskissen was at its most breathtaking during the La Voix masterpiece:

Gives me chills every time! The simplicity of covering the side bits in white made the whole performance extra special. The green and pink lighting, then the white-wash choruses gave the whole song an added regal tone. Without the staging, the song would have not been the same!

So now we have covered the stage and the preview clips... coming up hopefully I'll give you a presenter run-down, my predictions, and a briefing on week ones artists!

2 comments:

Poster Girl said...

Congratulations on getting to go the final! I'm a bit jealous, but more excited to get to read your sure-to-be-enthusiastic report afterwards.

Madam Im Adam said...

I will let you in on a secret... It is the final dresrehersal of the final! However it is on the 13th and I'm 6th row. I will definitely be reporting! I'm on the hunt to find out about CD signings etc.!