Saturday 16 January 2010

Hayley Newton & Drew McOnie, I'm speechless!



When the BBC announced they were bringing So You Think You Can Dance to the UK I wasn't too fussed as I was not a massive fan of Strictly Dance Fever, practically the same show!
However having watched it the past two weeks I've grown to love it! Not the voting and 'this is my life' mush in the results show, nor the judges comments which consist of Nigel talking for half and hour, leaving very little time for Icon/Pop Princess/Will-Eat-nothing-for-TV Louise to speak, I love the dancing!
This week Hayley & Drew melted my heart with their outstanding performance to Lady GaGa's Beatles homage 'Speechless'!

The emotion, the technique, the story all merge together to create this artistic masterpiece!
There bodies move as if on strings, like they are two fighting rag dolls.
A love/hate story told so naturally through amaizng choreography!
The shoulder hold and drop is the work of genius! So connected, So in time!
Lady GaGa I'm sure would love the art and glamour that consumes this dance.
Don't think I will tire of watching this...

It's crazy though as my two of my favourite dances from week one included both Drew & Hayley! Drew & Anabel and Chris & Hayley were in the bottom two last week, after Hayely's hip shaking Samba,

and Drew's show stopping Jive,

The funktastic song plus the lightning energy made me beam throughout their Jive! May have not been technically perfect, but I was definitely not the worst that night!

Hopefully this show will keep up and we will have some more intense and sprightly performances!
Just wait till you see the dancer I'm in love with in Sweden though...

No comments: