Thursday 26 November 2009

A Classic For Eternity?



Have been crazy busy as of late so apologise for lack of update! While I'm not here though have a click around my other posts if you need time to fill haha!

Today I stumbled across this song, I Will by Eternity from Japan on Youtube. The lead singer is various blogs' favourite Jade Valerie who was in the band Sweetbox.



Sweetbox as a band never really hit it off with me. They were good pop, but lacked the glamour of Alcazar, or the music quality of Steps. Their niche was mixing classic music with pop, a la S Club 7 Natural.

However this song I have instantly fallen for! I Will samples the Spring section from The Four Seasons by Vivaldi (which took my AGES to work out even though its the annoying phone ringtone at work!) and from the start it's used perfectly!
As soon a the full scale classical blast ends, the song begins to sore higher!
The 'Monday, Tuesday' bit is goes much further than silly old Craig David, and mentions marriage! The chorus is like a princesses song from a Disney musical film.
The Viva La Vida style drum/violin combo just excels the song along even more!
We will ignore the 1m 50s mark 'Ohs' as the song is far to pretty to be ruined by an interesting choice of 'Oh' notes.
Overall it's just beautiful from start to finish!

Just as an add on I have found these guilty pleasure classical sins on spotify..

Flashdance.. What a Feeling by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra!
How magnificent? It has all the sparkle of the original, but with heightened drama! I love the glorious choir, and the surprise at 2m 50s makes my heart scream with joy!

Poker Face by the St. Martin’s Symphony of Los Angeles
It's just funny yet addictive. Once again their is a crazy amount of drama given to the song! Imagine Lady GaGa singing to this live... IMMENSE!

No comments: