Monday 23 February 2009

Velvet: Take A Bow, She Is The Queen!

Took me ages to finally get to see the Melodifestivalen performances this week!
I usually download the program online, but some silly person put it up in a strange format so it didn't play, an nobody has uploaded anything else!
So this time I had to download individual performances!

Anyway my highlight this week was the magnificent performance by Dance/Pop supreme Velvet!

How magnificent! It's camp as the very queen she i declaring herself as!
The Disney style background at the beginning should be my wallpaper, and I will wear my Amy Diamond stolen jacket in front of it!
The start is of course very reminiscent of previous Dutch Eurovision entry



However while Linda made her dancers smell her feet by having them so low down, Velvet had a regal staircase and enough living bigger living quarters then I expect most Buckingham Palace staff get!

The fiercest moment in the routine tho is at the 1.03 mark, Ive watched over and over, where she turns! Its sharp and to the beat, so so hot!
The 2.00 mark dance break isn't as kick ass as usual dance breaks, but the charming nature fits with the performance and is highly entertaining. Kinda Steps "Say You'll Be Mine" reminiscent, but with a stronger EuroBeat!
To get back in the dress at the end is certainly amazing, she is in control and looking down on you biatches!
It strongly believe that Queen Elizabeth should perform this on Red Nose Day as the theme is "Do Something Funny"! What would be more funny than her belting this out from the skirt opening and her hundred corgis and staff running out from under?
I'm not surprised this didn't get through, though I'm disappointed! Velvet is a class act and I will investigate her further on the blog!

No comments: