Friday 20 February 2009

M.I.A. Legend: Call It Love, If You Want.. I Call Them Deuce!

Ok guys here is the first legend I want to discuss on this blog!

Deuce were (well should I say are because they live on in many hearts?) a boy/girl band from the 90's!
As you can see from the photo, their style was subtle :P!
There music is sheer pop, they took on pop in fantastic form, producing song with substance, style and class!

There single 'I Need You' shown above was the first single I ever bought, and there album was my first too! (Lets just hope I get famous so I can answer that if anyone asks!)

As you will soon be aware, I'm a Eurovision addict.. so when they tried to take part to represent UK this would have been a fantastic moment in Eurovision history, but they were bet by worst UK act ever! Wikipedi
a it because I cant even mention there names!!
Though there videos were classics, their performances were the bomb!

So what happened to them? Truthfully I don't really have a clue! Firstly the lady whos voice sounded like she had balls of steal, Kelly (Looking hot in neon over there) left and was replaced by a clone of her, who mimed to her voice for a bit!
Then they released the snoozefest of 'No Surrender' (Which I've posted in the only bearable version I know!). Being a kid at the time, this failed to be caught on my radar, and it was not until my sisters came home from the Smash Hits Tour and told me Kelly had clone girl instead of her that I knew the end was near!
There album is a must have, don't know where to buy it now, but its worth the hunt! Hit after hit on it, well part from some misses i.e. 'Kiss It', pop masterpieces and ballads, must have album!
I will be first in line for their reunion, that better happen soon! Or maybe I'll just wait and form a tribute band!

Thats Deuce in a nutshell! I'll probably break them down a little more in different posts.. just depends where my head wonders!

1 comment:

Myfizzypop said...

ah i miss deuce. On The Bible was one of the best pop-dance songs of the 90s and I still dig it out sporadically for a quick bop.