Friday 6 March 2009

The Best Of The Rest Of The Melodifest: Susanne vs Shirley

Yo peeps! As you may have noticed I've been giving attention mostly to the songs which have sunk at the Melodifestivalen! The gone but not forgotten songs of yesteryear (well yestermonth!)
This is because I don't wanna repeat myself too much!
As the last of the heats, the second chance round, is on tomorrow night, I thought Id do a round up of those songs which didn't make it but were amazing, yet not enough to make a single post about!
Almost like the Christmas scraps you have after your turkey dinner!


First up... Were having a Ballad-OFF!!!

In the blue corner we have
Susanne Alfvengren - Du är älskad där du går


Just pause this bout 16 seconds in.. puzzled me for ages last week as to why she was wearing a handbag?
A nice beaded one, but a plain frock and a handbag? She looks a little high to be honest!

Its kinda creepy being told a story with such none blinking eyes straight at you! Actually that's really creepy, she really doesn't blink much! Its a familiar, but lovingly sang song by someone who looks like they got lost on the way to a Gala dinner and ended up on stage!
3min 4secs: is a very scary moment when her staring face sweeps in out of nowhere, and is watched by herself! Man I'm creeped!


And in the.. em... eh.... other blue corner we have Shirley Clamp - Med hjärtat fyllt av ljus


Dear of dear Dame Shirley of Clamp! wearing Susannes dress, fitted and minus the handbag! I was hoping to be blown away in the first 2 seconds like her previous songs... but nope!
Seriously whats happening in the green room, turn the volume off and watch the whole thing.. shes drunk as a skunk! She never moves on stand either, clear sign of being wasted!

This song is has a hot remix and sounds good as an mp3, just bland in Shirley and MF standards.
2ms 11secs: omg she has such Man hands!
2m 12sec that's the pointing finger of "you just shut it or ill hit you one with my blinging knuckle duster"... I'm scared to say more!

2m 30s: key change kicks in... wind machine makes her dress look like shes got a swim suit under.. not nice look!
2m 55s: She sings "Med hjärtat fyllt Up Yooooours" in broad Scottish! Shes one tough cookie!

Result: I fear for Susanne life by battling them off, she thought she was heading to a slap up meal (planning of coarse to take some home in her handbag, classy girl!). The sheer disappointment of Dame Shirley's song make me have to declare Susanne the winner! Even though Susanne's eyes will haunt me for the rest of my life!

No comments: